Thursday, September 2, 2010

Portfolios ~ 3rd Grade

I was inspired by the portfolios on Teach Kids Art this year. For 3rd grade we read Ish by Peter Reynolds. His books are SOOO great!  

After students wrote their name and code in the right corner, they were to create 6 drawings on the front of their portfolio. Four of the drawings had to be nouns (we talked about what a noun was). And the other two had to be feelings or emotions. We talked about how to make the drawings look 3D by shading on two sides of each drawing.

I love how they turned out - I will have to get some more photos as more classes finish.

1 comments (+add yours?)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love the book ISH and I like the portfolio idea too. I haven't gotten those done yet, but I want to try it. Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Post a Comment