Monday, September 27, 2010

A Carpet, Finally!

So in my mind having a carpet was going to solve all my group discussion problems and students would sit like angels in their own little circle ~ yeah right! So I finally got my long awaited carpet which my principal helped pay for (even better).
It doesn't solve the ants in the pants on a rainy day but it does help get students in quickly and they know where to sit. It also helps when dismissing them to their seats - I can say if you are on a red circle take your seats, and so on.
Excited about starting the next round of lessons and preparing the first one to get sent off to Original Works to start my fundraiser.
I can't believe it is almost report card time already!

4 comments (+add yours?)

Phyl said...

Seems like there's a lot of us doing those Original Works projects. My kindergarten projects are a bit of a disaster with a tissue collage background that got lumpy. I hope the company will take them that way. I may even try to iron them...

Unknown said...

I love this rug. Our music teacher just got one and it works out so perfectly! Now everyone in the school wants one. One solution I came up with for those of us who don't have kid friendly rugs is to use tape right on the rug to create rows. It worked well. Lucky you!

Cheryl Hancock said...

So clever for classroom organisation-

tishalou said...

The kids are loving it - I have been telling them for so long that I am getting a carpet so they are so excited when they see it! Now I just need to make a spinner and we play some twister!

Post a Comment