Saturday, March 13, 2010

Contour Line Drawing!

I have started Contour line drawing with my 5th grade. I LOVE contour line. I am excited about the lesson this year because they have already been exposed to contour in a lesson I taught last year where they did their hands (standard contour warm up) and then their shoes. 5th grade does plants - this year they are using Sharpies and Marvey Le Pens. It should make a nice variation with the thick and thin lines. Here is a test drawing I did to see how much the LePen would run with water over it. The student's contour plant drawings are finished with watercolor. I also got a shot of one of my student's warm ups - I love how she combined the two pens and also included her bracelets.

2 comments (+add yours?)

Ginny said...

I remember doing contour drawings with my students. I loved how they drew their shoes. Great pictures.

Hybrid J said...

Well done with the contour line drawing! I've never learn how to draw so all these read like new technique to me. Can tell you're a dedicated teacher and art lover. Thank you for sharing! ;)

Post a Comment