Friday, February 19, 2010

TGI Creative Friday!

I have started the project I talked about earlier - I think this would be a great lesson for middle/high school kids intrested in fashion. It reminds me of the ole skool fashion plates my sister and I had when we were little! Remember these:
Using an ad from a magazine I traced the different parts of the outfit and am cutting the shape out of different textures and patterns. Here is what I have so far:

I think it will look pretty interesting. I am excited about what new ideas will come from it!
We are FINALLY back at school in Fauquier County, Virginia. Students have gone to school 3 days in the entire month of February - all three being 2 hour delayed openings. So now that we are finally back I have to reteach what we were working on!! First grade had finished glazing their pinch pots and I did manage to turn the kiln on the last time we were at school. I had the pleasure of unloading all these beautiful little treasures this week.
Here is what I found on my sample pots! I am going to have to open an ETSY shop soon to sell off all my lesson samples! 1st grade glazed and Kindergarten used fun neon paints:

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment